daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Saturday, March 13, 2004

So I made it through another week, and this one was actually the halfway point for the Long March to spring break, even though the next two weeks will be consumed by data gathering for my master's project. Still, it feels enough like the home stretch to let my guard down a little, even if idleness is my enemy. Of course, if my spring break goes as planned, I'll be off protecting Skaren Hargey's farm from maurauders in New Hampshire, which is a pattern of life that must be in my blood--the bisexual Han emperors and on followed a policy of pacifying the Xiongnu or other nomads by Sinifying the frontier... ("It's a tale told by an idiot/full of sound and fury, sinifying nothing.")