daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Tuesday, March 09, 2004

So I am quite excited for Dawn of the Dead (use-mention don't fail me now!), the new version. I think I've been on a zombie kick for some reason--maybe it is because I had to fight Jill from Resident Evil on MvC2 today at the pizzeria, and she uses flaming zombies and zombiedogs against you. But the first movie (along with Night of the Living Dead which I first saw around the time O.J. was running from the cops, though he doesn't get shot by the white sheriff that ought to be his salvation after surviving a harrowing night of cannibalism, gore, and racial tension, a jarring shock and disappointment, the sort of futility that dawns on you by the end of each class period (though with fewer meathooks)) was gorgeously troubling, though I remember reading the liner notes back then and being rather skeptical of the anti-consumer, anti-bujii "message", more due to critical infancy than my current anti-propositional, anti-intentional streak. No, it's just a great story about being trapped in a mall. Surrounded by zombies.