daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Tuesday, April 27, 2004

So this here now is one of those lulls, when I have the day off from work tomorrow, just some workshop, and the classroom is clean and the work is left for the students and they are someone else's problem even though I'll still miss them I bet. This is the third time I've been absent from school--once was to interview for this job, once for another workshop that was a thorough waste of time. It's odd to have this freedom, somehow--I just strolled through the park sans directions and made slow-time: it's time to start a new workout routine now that classes are winding down--armed with D's latest issue of Men's Fitness, what could stop me?

But there is very little to report, though I guess I am continually surprised by my coworkers--it's odd when I find myself sort of defending American democracy to immigrants who've seen both worse and better--I do think we have something going here, but of course it's far short of democracy or justice. Still, it's several steps up from slavery, at the least.

I need to form a plan for the summer, though, as it looks like my Rutgers program isn't going to come through--I'm going to need something else for the second half of July, or else I'm spending a whole month in New Hampshire, if my sublet scheme is to work.

Well, time to get to buying Joephet's random present and to dine with Rob Chin, Rob Chin's sister, and the Brit.