daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Monday, April 12, 2004

So it's not been the best of days, as Joephet is currently snuggling up to me in his cutest tightie-whitey while declaring his actual love for Jean Afflicted. Something like that. Of course it's kinda hard to believe, as he wouldn't stop calling me all day. It's all just a ploy to get more attention, fried chicken wings, and less perishable merchandise. I won't complain, though. Hrmph. In love? Ha.

Otherwise today I've wasted too much time on Gladius and then of course I ended up obsessing way too much over taxes and not having enough of a return: I owe New York State somewhere around $1300, which does not further endear me to the Department of Education--such distractions have marooned a half-post someplace else. Beyond that, I did manage a nice Last Stop lunch with D, amid talk of Planetary and another lockout. It's amazing how far I've fallen behind in comics, and I have not really prepared at all for this thesis-thing I'm supposed to be writing. Ah, well. Meanwhile I've been through the absolute last gorge-meal ever. It's all clean-living from now on.

It didn't help, perhaps, that yesterday was Pilipino excess at Joephet's fams' place, amid cute college male cousins and their ambiguous but not-so-well-dressed-or-coiffed-twinky-friends, awash in palabok and pancit bihon and that miraculous palmnut cream fruit salad that I wolfed down like a Chinaman who'd never eaten before. But the only real frightening thing was how good Joephet was at Super Smash Bros. Melee: his triumphal yelps and leaps, however, did rather hurt the lowish styro-ceiling tiles in a smaller-than-expected basement.