daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Saturday, April 03, 2004

So I am in the clear, though this took some doing: yesterday was all manner of last-minute before a Spring Break free of it, and I got perhaps the jaggedty end of the stick when it came time for the second exam in my probabliity class. But that was horrible only because I couldn't get started on my gameboy stuff: somehow, castlevania is as robust as ever.

Today I dispatched the kids to work on the Three Utilities Problem, and they went at it vigorously, failing. But this of course is a key feeling if one is to really study mathematics--that notion of the frontier--of slightly missed chances, and of not knowing, not being sure, and so striving. It's sad how much I've missed that in my day to day grind and compromises.

And so I am free. It's a longer spring break than usual, even. Tomorrow looks like Bessie and next week like Skaren Hargey. But right now is just Joephet. And I left a wet-spot in my undies.