daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Wednesday, April 14, 2004

So my first day back at work was not all that hopelessly terrible, in that the kids, as usual, were rather off-balance and docile. On the other hand, the rumor is that the school might well be shut down, and as a result I may again be updating my resume and writing cover-letters. I'm told, however, that there's a great International program at LaGuardia, which is Lelaina's school these days, and on the other hand as I'm done with my Fellows requirement, I no longer hafta teach at a shitty school. And this might not be a bad thing, since I either have terrible luck or the touch of death.

Yesterday was a colossus of procrastination, and I am now seriously behind on my thesis, as there's about a month before presentations or something, but I reread all the post-Reader issues of Planetary, which ultimately reminded me how much there is still out there in comics, even though it now seems like such an extravagance. Today I managed to do some shopping at Canal Jeans, finding a suit-top for $5, new, about the right size, that I will probably never find pants for. This purchase is a metaphor of Chinese pseudo-thrift.

Nine straight weeks to go before Memorial Day. Shit. Time to start kissing ass.