daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Saturday, May 01, 2004

So I have confirmedly not gotten into my desired New Brunswick summer program, and part of this no doubt is because of the secret Romanian connection, part the socioeconomic skewing, part my youth, but mostly because my fucking principal stalled on the recommendation repeatedly, ending up writing me a tepid recommendation (which I was also shown), and the whole shebang was FedExed in the last day of the deadline, which, you'll note if you visit the above link, was when all the Romanians were already in the program. So I'm a little pissed, but it's ok--I'll just find something else to do this summer, though this throws the entire New Hampshire plan into some doubt: it doesn't make sense to take off for only half a month, as that subletting thing then doesn't happen. But we'll see, I guess.. it's time to obsess now about structuralism and semiotics, my stagnant thesis, and living arrangements for the next year.

I barely made it through the week, as it was, with some minor sickness creeping up on me. I just need this year to be over, as soon possible.