daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Monday, June 14, 2004

So I up and walked out of work today, which is perhaps a little of an exaggeration--no, I did my fair share after whipping out a half-Regents last night in twenty minutes to a half hour to serve as a final on which my students did rather well, given second-chance multiple-choice. No, when I left it was with my students in good and other hands, and then it was just to teach elsewhere--it was odd to have 70 minutes and feel like there still was not enough time--students who were happy and eager, and raising their hands--it's a whole new experience teaching, a whole new energy, and I am still trying to figure out if it is at all an abandonment of past principles--even if I still talk to fast, even if actually getting this job will likely be impossible--at the very least I have hope and a decent lesson emerge from all this, and colorfulness...

We'll see, is all I'm sayin'--and this is a Monday what feels like a Thursday if not better, even if my housing situation could use some improving. But then again, that also cuts down on the time before Rob Chin returns and Kendo begins.