daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Tuesday, June 22, 2004

So it's been another of the long tense days sitting around waiting for approval from the Region while everyone's just telling me that's being in a shortage area my transfer to another region will be difficult. It's frustrating and pointless, and I've been reading about cognition and checking out yet more houses to wile away the time. It's quite astounding how expensive everything is, while at the same time it's nice to actually figure out some of the investment terms that have always eluded me, for want of real-world substance. I feel so capitalist and conniving, though. Rent is robbery, after all, and yet there is yet no way to get out of it without falling into the same trap, really...