daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Wednesday, June 02, 2004

So Joephet and I rushed through a great Thai dinner (Gaeng Ped Gai and Moo Kum Wan) to make it to The Day After Tomorrow, which despite some Jake Gyllenhaal nudity in profile, was better than expected though still a little short. Some spoilers: if the United States were ever rendered uninhabitable, flight into Mexico and the Third World would not be consensual, no more than any Latin American relations, much less the debt which is of course the fault of WorldBank nonsense and other Northern economic imperialism.

Other than that, I'm excited, though anxious because though it sounds like my prospects at the new school are decent, it's unclear if I will be able to actually obtain any sort of release. It's time for a haircut!

There are such further minutiae unblogged due to my brother's presence, and many of these are lost, including trainbound lectures on the evils of Kaplan (despite the original (noble) roots of getting Jews into the Ivy League) to future Nigerian Alric-dates. Whee! But all that may yet return.

For now, I'm just enjoying being with Joephet again and continuing my beer-drinking street: two McSorleys tonight, while my brother and I basically killed almost a case of Yuengling this weekend. OK, that's not so impressive, but I did at least outpace my brother, which is impressive given his whitey fratty ways.