daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Monday, September 13, 2004

So somehow I have a Mongolian student.

Beyond that, it's turning out to be an odd ethnic mix, really not that different from what one might expect--a whole boatload of Latinos, the rest sort of sprinkled in both here and there, somehow--not enough to guarantee any one bloc dominates, and I must feel rather anxious about bringing my material to these students--who knows if they will appreciate all that I am trying to do? Still, I am overstructuring like a mother, trying to put in this and that, and constantly blown away by the irrepressible cuteness of these baby foreigners. The smallest are the seriousest.