daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Thursday, November 11, 2004

So I tried today, I really did. I tried to get some reading, to get some writing done, to get some lifting done, but I just slept, slept from lunchtime at the usual Chinese place all the way until my cellphone alarm at five, dragging myself only to practice, where Sensei had the bright idea of videotaping our performances. So now there is a video of me kote-men-do-ing my way across the entire dojo. And I don't look terrible at it, though I lift back too far, I'm told, and I need to make better contact generally speaking.

Tomorrow is back to school, and I'm currently 6,000 words down, and a paper draft due next week re: ESL. But life is good, but for the tardy bogu.