daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Wednesday, November 24, 2004

So at least Rob Chin is posting again at my sister blog, but somehow this is just depressing, as he's just being depressed and obsessing over a girl. When did girls ever like guys who pine? But I shouldn't judge, as I'm probably just peeved that he's abandoned me and the kendo he dragged me into in the first place, though for that I have no regrets, even if I am promised dire punishments by Highbridge Sensei if I still am too tai/ashi as opposed to my slower ki-ken, which is far from ichi. What's the worst you can do to me? Kirikaeshi to fainting? Plum Sensei, the one who is so fond of touching Rob's tanden, was trying to show us how to put on hakama today, which is necessary, as there was indeed a new twist I have not quite seen before, but it was hardly necessary to do this in the middle of the dojo with the bogus practicing, and it was extremely hard not to laugh when he turned his back to us in his freedom mode with the horizontal bowtie knot in the back and his butt poking out of his kendogi cleft, asking us, "Do you see it? Do you see it?"