daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Saturday, November 20, 2004

So I have pledged to resume work on the novel, my pace having degenerated due to a week of idleness to 1k wds/day from a previous average of 2k (well, almost), which is discouraging, but I think that there will be more momentum, though I duubt that DAllas will get laid and I need more supporting characters fleshed out as well as this thing plot, though come to think of it there are constant embarassing Asiannesses, some of them not even necessarily related to practice. I do not know what Thanksgiving will bring, as there are several options now, but the most appealing would hafta include a Lee Sensei practice, kote-men-do the whole way down, wobbling like an Asian dreidle, or something.

I feel old these days, when I think about my goofy little kids, who while more social and slightly better adjusted, are slow-ish on the uptake. I also find myself more impatient with them than others.

Meanwhile, this shit is tempting, even though it's more of the beat-Sputnik nonsense, which has not a thing to say about working the worst and neediest schools. Still, it would be kinda hard to pass up a cool 50k. It's just odd to be taking hedge-fund money, but I guess I haven't even laid that egg yet. Hrmmm... It's too tempting to go and look at these white bios...