daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Sunday, January 16, 2005

So my legs have been hurting more, which is a good thing, though my right heel should not hurt at all, as that means I'm stomping wrong, and could permanently bruise the fatty cushion on my heel.

After today's practice I was shanghaied by Beary, the early-30s stubby gay graphic ikkyu who dragged me an Asiatic-taco place where he regaled me with his adventures at the Web and I did my best to be polite. I find white people and white concerns more and more ridiculous as I get older--in my recent search for a new blogroll all I find is white drama--"I have too much sex and feelings! Will I ever find true love!" and variations on that--sort of the inverse of the Asian dilemma. Still, it made me all the madder at Rob Chin not only for not having any bloggable exploits but also for leaving me at the mercies of Beary, as well intentioned as he may be.