daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Saturday, February 26, 2005

So now I have these plastic things in my eyes and while it's some squintiness, I think it'll be a nice edge for when I go to practice tonight, actually being to see targets that is. The only snag was I somehow ended up waiting for an hour after I was all done, as they thought I still needed something. It's amazing how the musical tastes of overweight Latina eye-clerks converge almost entirely with gay men. I didn't, however, make it into work today, so I may be a little behind when the grind begins a little later on--I've been buried somewhat in a vague sense of dread as the Long March winds closer, which won't be so bad because of trips and vacations, but it's still the sort of thing which really drains you--and the bags under my eyes already show this to some great extent--it's amazing how the little things that in college you just used to toss off--a trip to NH, a week of teaching an extra 66%--wears you down for weeks on end, until the next vacation you also squander.