daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

So I really oughtn't make a habit of skipping practice like this, but given how Wifey will be gone for a handful of days, I figured he might as well enjoy some Thai food before heading off to the wilds of Tejas. It's bad, but I think a break will let me reorient and return with a greater intensity, even though it's pretty clear that there will be interruptions galore in April due to school obligations as well as travel plans. I have been instead thoroughly unsuccessful at getting anything done in terms of this paper draft due tomorrow and will likely just half give up and wake up around four or five tomorrow morningn to finish it off--more time to cuddle with Wifey tonight.

Beyond that, I missed probably one of the better days to buy before IRA-stopping time April 15th today, as I was juggling eighteen different things. It's nice to have the kids go and make posters once in a while, even though they learn very little mathematics by doing so. The amount of whiteout they use is simply copious. And on markered-up posters, too. As Wifey points out, I think too much about these things, especially since my time-horizon should be years and years off, but then again, I'm feeling the tug of co-op purchase and ownership again, somehow. I don't know quite what to do about all that, though.

No, life is pretty good all in all, and it's just a short hop and skip away to summer again, which I think will have the freedom of last summer but hopefully also less of the vague anxiety.