daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Sunday, March 20, 2005

So I should feel a little more guilty for having skipped kendo today, especially since I was supposed to have done that in order to work on this paper thing, but instead I just ended up snoozing with Wifey until nearly five in the afternoon, but then again, I probalby needed it as I've been on a depletion cycle, and working on Saturdays is great for the pocketbook but deeply draining in other ways. I've made some extra plodding progress today, and will probably be in the right place eventually.

This is precious... I just heard on the news that there's this "Blue Lagoon" clinic someplace in Jersey which is actually some sort of brothel. Their front was a "colon hydrotherapy center", and they were suspicious because only men went in, through the backdoor. That's only slightly paraphrased. There's a reason why I stopped reading local news.

This has been a weird March--most times Marches are terrible--the Long March of four or more weeks without any sort of break at all and the kids going crazy because the weather is getting better and sunnier and they are getting worser and hornier and so on, but this time around so far it's been very jumpy, in that I've yet to really teach a full week of classes (or so it feels, I guess)--there has always been some interruption, and this next week is a short one, thanks to Jesus. So I'm rather off-balance but grateful, even though there will be plenty of work ahead this week and I will be abandoned by Wifey who will be gone to texas, and not in the old-school Preacher sort of way.

Time to get back into the Maoist history. Maybe Trotsky is a better model. Just not George Washington, but then again, I've never really looked into him, not since first grade, at least.