daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Monday, July 11, 2005

So there is quite a lot of ground to cover, as I am still blindsided after three days by a Rob Chin post, which is crazy, as usually I lap him and finally they updated the post count, and somehow 681 seems off pace from the last update in November, and I'm nearly two months past due for a comprehensive archive of the year since the last. My frequency is far down, and there is little excuse, beyond perhaps the increased duration and intensity of my screentime.

Part of this has been a wikipedia obsession re: the Sci-Fi of yore, so too long ago.

What is the most appropriate unit for expressing the performance gap between different subgroups? Should it be standard scores or should it be percentiles or percentile gaps, or what? But somehow it's interesting to think further about the role which sample variances actually play akin to finan-volatility or somehow. Sadly Rob Chin is little help on this, and to whom else can I conceivably turn? I think in these terms now, it is my baby, and only Wifey suckles more at my teat.

Less figuratively.

Think of the movies--Ren and Ioz and monkeybirds-eponymous, alliterative unreimaginative tetrads, maxwellian components rendered less lugubrious, the baby of a dynasty and fatties unredeemed though rendered sympathetic and not by high-heat, alzheimery downslides but still with textual tension, and.

Bio-stats and -info(r?)matics is enough to be drunkening. I feel myself more arch. I can be a mathematical cleaner, point-man.