daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

So I'm tired and when I woke up this morning there was a viscous thin dangly band of mucous material connecting my upper eyelid to the lower. But it's all worth it--it was great to finally return to kendo last night, as painful as I thought it would be, with a/c it's all a breeze, though for once I found myself thwarted--I often avoid jigeiko with senseis because of various cowardly reasons, but last night when I was achin' for it, to see how far fallen I've become, I couldn't get a match to save my life. So it goes. And it's nice to see that although I've been lazy there are some things which are so deeply ingrained in me now (nothing flashy, mostly reiho) that I can drop right into auto-pilot once I step foot in the dojo.