daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

So it's not that I don't want to blog or have run short of comments or stories or the usual run of blogguery, but I've just fallen out of the habit, somehow, and it's strange to finally be working at a job where I don't actually have any opportunity to check my email or monitor other things on the internet, as I'm now stuck on the ground floor in a big old empty room and an old school IBM back before IBM became all Chinese like.

I feel myself getting fatter these days--I don't know if that's an illusion or maybe the hyperhydration I put myself through just to make it through these torrid muggy days, though Sensei has softened substantially in terms of airconditioning and dehumidifying the dojo to the point where it's not really a pain and torment.

I'm getting excited about all of the sideline projects I'll finally be able to take up once I move on from this internship stuff. Which isn't to say that the internship isn't fun, but I have a great deal of independence and there's been a lot of damage control of late.