daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Monday, October 10, 2005

So today has been thoroughly unproductive, sitting at home and going through old comics I haven't read in ages, catching up at the old Chinese restaurant I never go to any more, where the little kids are now running around and almost tall enough to knock pots of hot oil all over themselves. Golden brown. Tasty. That, and more sleep--it's amazing how easily I just fall asleep these days. Can teaching really be that exhausting? Or am I too opportunistic? Certainly this summer I felt like I was more of a go-getter, whereas these days I'm more laggardly. But at least I've returned to a respectable practice routine, even though again compared to a year ago I'm nowhere near as dedicated. Still, having been in the mudansha division as long as I have, perhaps I'll have an edge in a couple weeks at the next tournament.