daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Sunday, December 11, 2005

So I should confess that I've spent the better part of the last week glued to the screen watching Day 3 of 24 which may well be the best season--it's been a long time since I've seen Day 2, but there is definitely a coherence above that of Day 4, even though it's kinda distracting when Wifey screams "What's she doing there? She's like 12!" whenever Kim Bauer appears in her official capacities. Chloe is now officially my favorite character ever.

In going to the Strand today to pick up some books after practice and lunch with Rob Chin at Golden Snacks, I found myself depressed--there was a time when I would scour the basement for remainders and buy books obsessively--those days perhaps faded as my interest in comics grew, but ultimately I can't pinpoint exactly when I stopped reading regularly, when I shifted over from fiction into nonfiction, as few of the novels so thoroughly remaindered, and even far fewer of the books of poetry posed any real interest. Recently I've been reading for the first time The Princess Bride with great amusement--but I think I'm far far gone from the days when I might pick up something heavier--and when was it that I last browsed the OCP, for instance?

Intellectual decline aside, I think it's time to buckle down and take the GRE--back to grad school, and this time for keeps.