daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Monday, September 15, 2003

So I had a pleasant beer with Rachel and Alric today in bujii Times Square, but nonetheless. And I have been using my best whitey-voice to try and talk to my students' parents, where I very fluently go from one slogan another, focusing on first this and then that aspect of student success and achievement, from cooperation to partnership to achievement. Something tells me I'd do just fine at Alric's job. Except for the part where you're not supposed to disturb bujii sensibilities (which is an oxymoron, if I've ever heard one).

So it was another one of those massacre-days that were not that bad for being old. I am inured to all this, and now multitasking--editing an essay about writing, on the phone with AT&T, blogging, IMing again. Life is good. I will sleep well tonight.