daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Sunday, September 14, 2003

So I have sat through four different musical sequences on hold with AT&T wireless. I guess this is not an ideal time to call, and I really hate keeping Joephet waiting, but it's now or never... and I have a substantial amount of homework still to make up, somehow, but there is little that can be done. Tomorrow I just hafta finish writing this essay I'm working on about writing, and then do some reading and reflecting on a working class kid who rose to become a professor. Probably not quite in the Richard Rodriguez mode, but so it goes.. I am not a bad Marxist, just not a very ideologically steeped and mature one, I fear. It's strange having a dead cellphone, and yet I wait, because when you've gotten this far....

Meanwhile, I heard on the evening news tonight Colin Powell saying that he does not condone killing Arafat as a valid measure. I laughed out loud, thinking this to be ridiculous, but when I come home I discover this is not that far-fetched a possibility. So yeah... as I was remarking earlier, my anti-Zionism is not the same as anti-Semitism.. But yeah... I don't know what to say at this point about this shit. It's just beyond me.