daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Sunday, September 28, 2003

So I have been mostly exercising and eating, so I have not quite made much headway on my to-do list. Cleaning comes first, I think. Little else beats a good run, if you can find the time. The plan is go to running three times a week, in a staggered sort of way: 2 park laps on Mondays, one on Thursdays, three on Saturdays, all starting today, though only with 2. That and some lifting should be cool. I wish I had a spotter, but Alric is gone and Joephet has sticks for arms. Well, I'm sure Joephet is strong: he just lacks confidence.

I am editing my dad's CV and teaching philosophy, and other little bits. Sigh. It's hard, not speaking English, and not being generally brilliant. It's also a little frightening, how much that man has done, even if in directions that I don't quite really understand. Fluency, I say, is a difficult, essential thing.

I will try and get back to do a sketch of one of my blocks of students before the evening is out. Now to go and steal a cigarette from my slumbering roommate.