daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Thursday, September 25, 2003

So I have been functioning remarkably well today, given that I got under 4 hours of sleep, as I was up rather late talking to Kean about this and that. Good kid. Slept well as a result, somehow... Hard to explain why. It just was.

And today there was actual substantive discussion in my usually troublesome D block, as many previously recalcitrant students have come around. And I have just been more level-headed, having regained some of equilibrium after last week. Two outsiders. My Bulgarian math coach, and an elderly Jew-consultant, who is wrinklier than a pug, and not as helpful. And a new special ed teacher, whose style is not very helpful, ultimately.

Beyond that, I dunno... Logic class is going well, if very slowly and frustratingly--I really need to find brighter classmates, somehow. Beyond that, not much to say, besides some Joephet frustrations which will hopefully subside before long. Not in the best of places right now, and perhaps here is not the place to explain...