daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Monday, September 22, 2003

So I am back from a good run in the park--two laps over asphalt as well as grass and graded both up and downhill--that and a thorough shit and I feel clean again. And ready to face the evening, whatever that might mean. Today was a rough day. I will spend some time soon going through my students one-by-one, thumbnail sketches all the way around, and this will be vaguely offensive, as I will have to do a typology of blacks and Latinos. But most readers have no right to be offended, and I am also trying to be honest about how I am viewing it all.

But I love the staff, for hte most part--from the yellow-galoshers to the dour fascists, it's great--they will hafta be sketched too, though again the Tracy Morgans and the subcontinental refugees are best mentioned as little as possible.

I was reading a blog at "refference" on this site, and thoroughly disgusted. This is why I became a Marxist. I would go on a rant, but my jog-endorphins are too high-flying to allow that to happen. Still, it fucking annoys me somewhat.

OK: I need to figure out my shit for this week. At least I finished my math last night at Joephet's. And don't forget the academic dishonesty.... Ah, if they could see me now.