daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Thursday, October 09, 2003

So I don't know why I haven't been doing this sooner, this running thing. I've done so on Monday, Tuesday, and again today, and I feel somehow great. Tired, but somehow at the same time more energetic. I love this cooling down period, how fast my mind has to work, how well I sleep afterwards, even without my wonderful pillow. A shame he's so busy and so brilliant. Sigh. And not my cold, hard, sharp, pedantic type of brilliance, but something more radiant and warming. I miss him.

Logic was fun today. Our professor has a charming way of coming up with real-world explanations and motivations of logical facts, conventions, and explanations. Deontic logic has more to it than you would think, though I take pause at utilitarian logics which have linearly ordered value sets.

Classes were unremarkable, I'd say. I wish the Yankees would lose. I dont' know what else to say or to do with myself at this point--just winding down today with little stress, and just a Friday to take care of. I love students who linger after class somehow. They amaze me.

Oh, yes. Horatio Alger apparently got in trouble for homosexual activities with young boys. Which casts the book I'm currently reading, Ragged Dick, or Street Life in New York in a rather queer light, with this companionable cohabiting plucky young boys, who lay hands on each other, give each other money and support each other generally, with names such as Dick Hunter (no kidding) and Fosdick. And of course, I love any book which has lines like, "And Dick couldn't help but feel like a capitalist..."

Fuck whitey.