daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Saturday, October 04, 2003

So I can't believe I forgot this story: yesterday, I needed to replace the SIM card in my phone. So I hafta find an AT&T wireless store near my school. I end up going to 86th and Lex, as that's a great bet. A few blocks eastward, and I'm set. So the clerk, a taller black man with inadequate teeth and dreads helps me, and gets me hooked up with a new SIM card, turns on my phone, and starts cracking up, there in the middle of the Upper East Side...

He says, "when you turn it says, 'something whitey'!"

I am embarassed.

It is true. My welcome message on my fone is "Fuck whitey!"