daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Sunday, November 02, 2003

So this is a drive-by blogging. Yes, yesterday was a tablefull of Asians at a Nip restaurant, food and company much appreciated, as if we were a self-contained world. Today has been random shopping and sleeping in. I love the weekends, and this looks to be an odd week at work.

I am rather intellectually and artistically stagnant, though. I've been trying to produce stuff in my notebook, but all I can come up with are minor insults. Such as the fact that today is Alric's first dearthday, a year since he, well, did, well, that sort of thing. Hrmm... Yeah.... Beyond that, I dunno. I am just trying to coast through yet another week, which is tough, as my kids haven't turned in their major projects. Which means that they will fail. I really need to computerize some of this shit.

Beyond that, time to get a-running again. Surely there is soemthing I need to do: I will need to work out, clean, and such tomorrow night, and figure out for what I should vote on Tuesday!

Vote Tuesday! It's the least you can do, as most likely the rest of your existence merely perpetuates het-bujii-capitalism.

I got in an argument today, a minor one, though, with Sam Flip about whether the bourgeoisie still exists. Of course it does. It might not be French in this country, but you still have the same sort of externalistic, achievement-oriented, materialistic, anxious, upper-class-aping, conventionally moral, sanctimonious windbags out there. What can you do? Here are some benchmarks, as definitions are by nature philosophically suspect: Handsoap is bujii. Table service is bujii. Golden delicious is aight. But Fuji is bujii.