daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Thursday, January 29, 2004

So I been pretty horribly inconsistent, but yesterday was somewhat of a lost day that might have been better spent at school, though I suppose I did get to spend many more daytime hours with Joephet than usual, though of course I do need to be much nicer to him. It was a little jarring though, to dine with his cousin and her friend--college suddenly and again seems so damn young. Of course, it doesn't help that John Blum visited me today at school, in town for an interview for the Fellows program. Well, at least his hair has grown. I really don't quite know about the rest of him, but maybe he'll be OK--I just don't remember ever being so openly calculating with quite his concerns, but who knows--maybe I'm just all jaded and self-righteous.