daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Thursday, January 01, 2004

So I had quite some minor adventures today--dinner with Raj in Chinatown, while all the same time wondering how things were going between Thai and Shoelace (it was all right, I'm told), not far away in Chinatown, and then it was off, on foot, in the not-too-cold, but also not-too-crisp night air to Diana-bar, where I promptly got drunk and then silly on Mexican food, and there I passed midnight, trying hard to miss Joephet too much all throughout, and sadly failing. Then it was off on foot to the Web, where after some waiting around (rather than the $20 cover), I picked up Kean, who'd been abandoned by his purported hosts, at least temporarily. And so we made our way back here and loudly pumped up an airmattress for him to crash on for tonight, and I'm sober again. I think tomorrow I'm going to buy a PS2 for Joephet and my entertainment. But that's probably a baaaaad idea.