daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Thursday, April 01, 2004

So this morning after I woke and showered, early for the stress ahead, there was a loud knocking on both doors, and what sounded to be a crowd. But it was just the ef-bee-eye, looking for Neill. Now this was rather creepy, not just because there were soon a handful of agents were in my kitchen, but also because I'd left out a big chinese meatcleaver on the counter. Luckily, this did not become an issue. I have been off balance all day as a result, as this is more law enforcement than I have ever really encountered, and I can only wonder what Neill could have done to merit such attention. I mean, it just so happens that everyone on that thar most wanted list has relations with camels other than smoking them, except for one guy, um, and he's Whitey Bulger.

I just have two more days left before I get to kick back more permanently, and then I'll be able to catch up on everything else in my life. And maybe they'll catch up to Neill. Ugh.

This of course is much more serious than I'm making it sound: I mean, for all of Alric's shortcomings....