daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Thursday, June 03, 2004

So I am so torn these days.... I have been added to the Personnel Committee at my school, even though I'm interviewing on Wednesday at another, better school attached to Lelaina's higher institution. I have also received a marriage-pact proposal (for when we're thirty) from another teacher at my school amid yet more prying into my personal life and alleged crush on Wanda, and though this particular girl is nice and attractive, it's kind of a sign that it's hopeless when you're told you're sweet, unlike all the assholes. Of course, it sounds like I'm a lot more monogamous to this Joephet I'm not even dating than a lot of het-guys. Of course, the New York Times Magazine claims that young teen fags are more relationship oriented than their straight teen counterparts. I suppose that at least I can believe, though it's always odd to see the degree to which het-bujiiness is actually internalized.

Still, it's nice to know I'm marriageable.