daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

So I am deeply boneweary these days, sleeping like a mo-fo, with sleeping-sickness, and now probably hopelessly behind on the novel, a full 11,000 words behind, but I think tht tide will turn after I finish this damned paper on ELL's in the City system.

Today I got up superearly to inventory books and to snoop on my corridor teacher for his "project" which did not materialize amid tens of minutes of manipulative gook. And then it was a bouncy journey and introduction to algebra amid much tiredness and self-doubt, and just a desire for thanksgiving to come, and for my bogu and more kihon-keiko, of which I think far too much, I think, but it was a relatively good day, though I do not like how rambunctious the one block has become, but this is par for the course, and I have been spending quite a lot of time thinking about the future and planning science labs with my chums and so on.

I was so tired when I dropped in on Joephet for a bonus visit, and have been refreshingly productive, more than meeting my evening's goal, while feasting on wifey's cryptic Guamanian cookery, which I have eaten far too much of. I think I need to do more suburi, or something, but I don't want to muck up my technique, but then again I have been misusing the school's color printer for the purpose of Bokuto Ni Yoru Kendo Kihon-waza Keiko-ho. Boo-yah!