daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

So today was a good practice, even though Rob Chin was still mysteriously absent. I made my first passable doh cuts, and though I was very grumpy in class today (I hate Tuesdays), overall I was pretty pleased, even if students are secretly complaining that my class is still too slow (which is probably true, if only in some sense), and now I am even happy about the paper I have managed to poop out--the only real issue is that lack of cellphone service, I think, due to the merger of AT&T WS with Cingular. It's pretty happy, and it's just a matter of time before I feel even better--there is soemthing to be said for showing up. Or, as Sensei checked today, is your kendogi sweaty enough? Well, mine isn't that sweaty, but it sure is smelly!