daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Monday, February 28, 2005

So the first day back was pretty good, though I suppose that I was a little scatterbrained all things considered and still not all that together in terms of my brave new curriculum, though I did feel more effective and I was better received by new students for my new looks than Wifey, but that's probably just more of my kids' I-missed-you mockery--the Chinese kids are getting a little out of control, though--I don't know half the slang they peddle. That and the fact that by now I should have learned how very easy it is for students to break, crack, bend, slap, head-band, bite, and otherwise maltreat my nice new dual-scale rulers. I just hope that the rubbed-off receipt is still valid for Teacher's Choice or else I'm out a good 30$ of rulers.

Meanwhile, I am chronically disappointed these days by 24, which while doing more for blacks in the media than Chris Rock, is a little limp--all these Iranians and Latinos playing Turks though I am still impressed by how Tony can go from watching futbol and sipping beer out of a coffee mug and running around with loose women to being hardcore without electrocution. I personally would not cooperate after my Wifey's new man wet my chest and zapped me a few times.