daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Saturday, March 26, 2005

So I was quite relieved when work ended on Thursday, as I again feel overwhelmed--I don't know what it is about this year that enervates me more than the previous years, perhaps again this settling-in-ness and a having to face up to one's competence or lack thereof--it's easy to flit from one task to another, but to really sit down and realize that one might have a rank or a tier, and that it's going to stick, is something much harder.

My brother, meanwhile, has only now started out on this road, and it's unclear whta that will mean for him, as he's not got his heart in it, while at the same time, I'm unsure how this will change my domestic situation.

With Wifey Gone to Texas, I find myself revisiting all the loci of my former bachelorhood, though I suppose that I didn't used to do kendo, and that I couldn't always rely on Rob Chin around the corner either. And this has meant in large part digging deep into my comics collection again, a collection which is surprisingly deep in its own way, even though I stopped seriously some indeterminate date a year ago, just about when my Wifey expenses began ascending. In retrospect, it's both easy and hard to think about why I left off--such an expense and at the same time such quality secreted here and there. It's easy to get lost in it all.