daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Sunday, March 27, 2005

So it's back to my school with my lazy ass tomorrow--it's a vacation that seemed longer at the beginning than it does now, somehow--I'm even approaching this blogging nonsense as an afterthought.

Last night, at least, was fun, insofar as it meant hanging out in the village in lieu of kendo with Wifey and his Guamanian chums with a cameo by Rob Chin who was so booze-emboldened that he offered some bum some pommes frittes. Beyond that, today's practice was met by a simple piece of advice from a godan sensei, just to "more practice"--somehow that seems necessary as well--I've been skipping freely of late, for no good reason.

Well, we have a new unit soon starting out--solid geometry, and lots of building and modeling, and exciting things like that--a week off from classes, at least--I prefer to come home after work, and this year I'm actually out more at night than I used to be, a year ago... It's odd, though, how close we are to June without really feeling it.

But aside from new-unit jitters, I'm feeling the normal lethargy and blah-ness. So it goes.