daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

So tomorrow is an admin's observation which hopefully will go better than the previous one, which was marked mostly be negative classroom management comments, but this unit is certainly rather more exciting enough I hope. It's amazing the chaos I often need to deal with, the waning of my longer-range ambitions, and the guerilla warfare I need to constantly wage. I can be such an anxious pig most of the time--tonight I finished 7/8 of an entire Uno's deepdish pizza, the large kind which serves 2-3. So much for aerobic exercise and my training program. It's hard, in kendo as in anything else, to work without short-term goals, in-time-horizon demands, and other things pressing.