daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Sunday, April 10, 2005

So I ran into an ex of mine yesterday as I was exiting kenka with Rob Chin. It was strange, as it'd been just about two years since he'd dumped me after I fell asleep on him one night at the beginning of my first spring break as a teacher. Strangely enough, this was also around the time when I met wifey. In any case, Ex was looking rather farmerly and rather plumper than I remembered, as if he had just jumped off the haywagon from Wisconsin, and it was strange to be suddenly put on the spot--the how have you been question which pops right there--the are you still which makes you realize that in some ways you are still there and all--and the honesty that comes with, despite all of the formal and credentialistic advancement you're still kinda stuck, just biding time until who knows what, until the next credential and the next cherry post. Well, at least I'm not fat.