daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

So it's crazy--I debuted a new shinai today and within a few cuts (whacks, I guess), the nakayui had broken again. Either eguchi has cheap leather or I am hitting too much mengane. It's really unclear, while at the same time I feel guilty for not being able to make practice Thursday because of parents. It's tough, as I'm still nearly always the lowest bebogued student, though finally there are a few young-uns who are slowly climbing into their do and tare. It's a good road, but one that just needs to be walked.

It was a hectic day today, when I barely got a chance to go to the usual team meeting because of the conference, but it turned out all right--my cute baby strand did rather well in terms of presentations today, and I still can do my fair share of logic. I am currently mulling over some sort of summer-school/college-credit deal. Were I to do that, I would be able to finish my entire salary max-out thing, but I might also go a little crazy, maybe--it's hard to know. Hrmm. I wonder what happened to Rob Chin.