daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Friday, April 08, 2005

So I keep on losing this post, for various reasons, but I was at some point triumphant though that sense of triumph was not really aware of the deep exhaustion which dogs me still, having passed out for four hours this afternoon and positively drooping on the train on the way home from the aquarium. Meeting with parents after working six straight periods, or rather just about seven hours, was actually rather satisfying, and walking around after hours, with everyone else gone (which happens rather often, I must admit), I felt like I was doing about the right thing. Perhaps that was also based upon the impolitick comments of another team's para that I should work with their students more often--it's sad to see how much more effective I am with other students than with my own--the thing about my teaching these days is that I've gone away from the more high-powered directive methods that are taken to be good teaching, but that has usually meant a surrender of any real responsibility for clarity or exposition. That is, leading requires more than not-saying.