daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

So Kenneth is doing rather well, he tells me, having made it into the LSE, which is quite a feat. Now his odd unidentifiable Singlish accent might not seem so out of place. He boasts that they only have a 3% admissions rate, but then again that's still higher than his ass. Still better than Brother, whose best bet is still somehow the RPI, which is literally rather unheard of still. RPI, perhaps, is still better than the NYCTF.

Today I was super-teacherly, strongly directive, talking for thirty minutes, a la my Mr. White counterpart. It's odd, though as I am feeling deeply lazy these days with all these days off and conferences and what not--it's a matter of counting time, hard-core grading, and fending off complaints and comparisons to my reactionary counterpart. It's an uphill battle most of the way, somehow. Time to figure out busywork for my class tomorrow.