daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Saturday, April 02, 2005

So today I was lucky enough to find a dollar, albeit rather wet and sandy, on my rainy way into work today. This was for the time small recompense for my usual office-bound financial dithering amid legions of yearbooking students and yet more arbitrary grading of half-assed student projects when I could have been snuggling with Wifey or watching more of NBC Saturday morning. Having no time to get real food and barely finishing my anecdotal report cards, I was forced to dip into leftover Valentines candy and feed myself only on Hershey's kisses and lightly salted peanuts, which meant that I was all light-headed and stomachey. Luckily, practice cleared my head--despite the humidity and overdidactic kata pandering to the beginners, by the end of a very muggy mawari-geiko, I was awake again.

Wifey's gotten a cute new short haircut. I've little else to report, I suppose, other than a crazier and crazier series of weeks (conferences, parents, aquarium), until Spring Break weeks and weeks away. Okuri-ashi is the way to go--keep that head level.