daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Monday, May 16, 2005

So calmingly, yesterday I walked from my place to Wifey's, which was nice and seasonable, as it's been a long time since I've made that whole walk thing.

Embarassingly today, I unpacked my bookbag I'd been carrying around all the time, and which I'd left and work for a while, when I found a fifth of Jim Beam which I took from Alric's. Not something which the gay former alcoholic English teacher would appreciate.

Today was one of those great whirlwind days, in which I had an extended breakfast meeting, interdisciplinary curriculum planning, a lesson plan on the Little Red Book, yet more grading, double-barrel mentoring, revisionist thought, running around, grading, and yet more curriculum planning and mapping. Beyond that there was also a classroom visit from an old friend who may well be coming to the school, if all goes well with the hiring and whatnot.

Beyond that, there is little more for me to say about the school stuff this week, as there will be full dish after the entire peer-eval thingie.

Meanwhile, 24, despite the departure of the Chinese for an entire episode, has gotten sublimely good, from Tony's reconciliation-just-in-time-for-capture-by-Mandy, to all sorts of not-so-subtle product placement for President Haysbert, to a scruffy gay hipster whose dalliances ("I was with the guy, dad. She must have made the call...") are a national security risk. No wonder the evil Islamic terrorists win--all the Americans are doing are impotently protesting parental global hegemonic capitalist imperialism and having narcissistic sex with mercenaries. It's been a bad day for the Hellers.