daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

So these are big days for me as there are all sorts of visitors flowing through my classroom these days, which is rather scary as there are still many things that I do not do right after nearly three years, namely I am a slob and I leave my socks and other things all over the place, awash in papers and other matter--but then again, as neck-and-neck as I am in keeping up to date with my sisterblogs, in thinking about the curriculum which others will be able to bring, I can only shudder to think how little the other teachers are doing--I have enough pride at least to refuse to copy anything from a textbook that I could do a better job of writing up myself. Maybe it's the marxist in me, but I just love handouts. Giving them, at least--and it's easy in this season of peer and self evaluation to question myself, but this is really my calling, my shtick--it's just that I need a few weeks off to reinvigorate.

It all comes down to getting enough sleep. Getting up early is not the same as getting up smart, somehow, and ready enough to work, not just wake.