daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Friday, May 13, 2005

So it's scary to think of the hidden politics at work, the letdown that one can only feel after one has been asked to leave, twice, and in which the entire voted-off the island business becomes far too real--the alliances and the partial-conversations somewhat overheard, the departmental divisions and continued politicking which is thoroughly unproductive, while at the same time the other teachers from other schools end up trying to fucking tell me, to fucking tell me what the fuck standard form of a linear equation is. The gall!

Ax+By=C
, not both A and B=0.

But it's still worth it, even if I'm isolated and all that--it turns out that my old ally probably won't be able to get hired what with his going away in October and all. So this makes the search much more difficult--I may still be alone and without genuine allies for quite some time--I don't understand teachers who have so little self-respect that they consent to handing out photocopies from texts day after day. I dunno--these cut and paste hack jobs that are syntactic nonsense.