daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Sunday, May 08, 2005

So there's really very little to say about this entire weekend, as so little happened--yesterday I didn't even manage to leave the house, which was fine as it just meant plenty of coziness with Wifey, but also no kendo which bodes not well generally, and today at least felt somewhat better--the main issue is the unfinished grading which I will need to zip through tomorrow, somehow. Just over a month left of classes, but it feels like much longer, and again I'm to the point where I have got a big picture as to what's going on, but no idea what I can possibly teach tomorrow.

Currently I'm in the business of shopping for more kendogear again. This windowgazing is great fun, and feels like the best type of consumerism imaginable--I should total up and try and keep a grip on all this, though--it's in lieu of a laptop, after all...

Meanwhile, I'm trying to figure on an appropriate ring for Wifey. Suggestions appreciated...